On August 28th the department was dispatched to a report of a fire underneath an oven at the New York Medical College Student Housing. Upon arrival, 2482 found an extinguished fire inside the oven. The fire was from popcorn, chips, and crackers being stored inside of the oven. Along with the food items were also pots and pans. Members took the remaining burnt food items and pans out oven and checked for extensions. No extensions were present on the thermal imaging camera, units went back in service shortly after. This call is a perfect example to never use an oven for storage.